Project Produce

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Country Cookin'


So I finally did something with all that squash of mine! I got the recipe from "Cookin' Southern Vegetarian Style". It has the zucchini, summer squash, mystery squash, tomatoes (also from the box), onions, margarine, and breadcrumbs. Come to think of it, there wasn't even any salt and pepper in it but it was so flavorful. I made some couscous to go along with it because it was in the cupboard and I was lazy. It was a nice and light dinner so I made dessert too! From the same cookbook I made Peach Cobbler with my white peaches. It was super easy and good but I think I like the cinnamon/crumb oat type cobbler topping better. This one was more like a sweet cake batter. The white peaches were good but actually I would have preferred a less sweet, more tart yellow peach in this recipe. I also stuck some grapes in the kids lunches. My son said "Those grapes are small but sweet!". All in all, I am happy with today's usage of the produce and have tons of leftovers for lunches tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The veggies look good. I'll pass on the pie though considering it is fruit =) Mmmm almost lunch time. You're making me hungry

August 30, 2006 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it all looks so good i could never get my family to eat it though.
malinda

August 31, 2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so there is nothing new up still and I was looking at the older posts and do you know what that pie reminds me of with that big hole in it? The pie from "Amderican Pie" LOL hahahaha
Sorry, had to tell ya.

September 13, 2006 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home