Project Produce

Friday, September 01, 2006

Fruit Salad-yummy yummy


The kids were very happy with their lunches today so I thought I would share that too! An orange, apple, and grapes from the box and some strawberries. They also had a whole wheat pita with almond butter and strawberry jam, a vegan chocolate chip cookie from trader joe's, and a cucumber chain with dip. The cucumber is from the produce box and the dip was inspired by a salad my Mom made when I was growing up. Actually I think she still makes it. It is just sour cream, white vinegar, dill weed, and salt mixed together until it tastes good. Add some sliced cukes and you are good to go. My son hates when I put runny dressing in his little dip container so I thickened it up with some veganaise, used tofutti sour cream and the dill and salt. I think it turned out great, they thought it was ranch! Oh well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! Its jennifer.. Noelles friend:-). She linked me to your blog because I am using laptop lunches for my 9 yr old. We do eat meat, but I want to start giving my girls more veg. protein than animal. Annie will not eat much meat and Elise, my youngest hates meat. I buy her lots of vegan "meats" from Traders. She.. sometimes will eat bits of chicken. Anyhow.. You are making yummy lookin stuff with your produce. I too only buy organic everything. We should swap ideas! I need inspiration and must get your soup recipe.It sounds amazing! Cheers!

September 07, 2006 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your family going to do for food when you are in Vegas with me drinkin' and gamblin'?

September 07, 2006 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home